Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 6

Oh my gosh! I just realized I never commented on Day 6. I am terrible at blogging!! I left thinking I had a great idea for my project, but not really all of the pieces to go with it, since I didn't know what my job was going to look like this year!! My job has been a nightmare! Anyways, I am incorporating all of the amazing web 2.0 tools in some way... I created the Google Earth tour of wineries and shared that with many colleagues, who now want to go on the tour with me:) I'm going Nov. 13 in case anyone is interested! I have been helping teachers at NOE create wikis for their classroom. I helped present 2 wikis on parent night/back to school night. We shared things such as: info about the teacher, links to spelling resources, math resources, homework policy, field trip pictures from previous years, daily/weekly homework assignments and tips (updated weekly), and ways to contact the teacher. Many parents were grateful for this, as papers often get lost on the way home from school!

Since I have had to train so many aides on different interventions, I almost ditched the idea of teaching technology to students, and just created a jing/movie maker training on one of the interventions. Oh by the way, I had to learn 6 different interventions and then train these aides!!

I have also recently (well, within 3 weeks) become a facilitator for a 1st grader who is participating in K12 online schooling. This has been extremely interesting communicating with this student yet never meeting him!

No comments:

Post a Comment