Saturday, September 11, 2010

Update on project

I have actually started my students on my project. They will be creating a Mythbusters episode with Physics concepts. They have picked their myth and are now working on gathering materials to perform it. They will create a video of their myth, post it on the wiki, and then create a Google Doc quiz to test their classmates. I will be able to post more as I start to see the projects come together, but so far so good. Here is the link to my wiki mrssipemythbustersproject.wikispaces.com Any comments would be appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good so far! How do the kids feel about the project? Are they enjoying the planning part? Honestly, that part is where a lot of the learning will take place.

    I looked at your rubrics and they are surely comprehensive. Do all the indicators apply to all the projects? Or does the rubric cover a variety of options?

    I was watching MythBusters this past weekend and thinking about your project. Hoping no one in your class is testing the civil war weapons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids LOVE the project. I have all higher level thinking students and they are "eating" this project up! They are having a blast trying to work through their ideas. This is such a huge help in motivating them.

    The rubric covers all projects and the students were made aware of them. They like to see exactly what expectations they need to meet in order to succeed.

    No one is doing anything quite as dangerous as civil war weapons, although one group is going to burn water!

    ReplyDelete