Saturday, October 23, 2010

Final activity

My biggest ah-ha moment was that being a better teacher means NOT always telling the students exactly what to do and when. I felt like I was just assisting in the classroom instead of teaching which was a real moment for me.
I feel that public education needs to focus more on students learning something for life rather than for a test. I am so sick of the "teaching to the test" method. Those tests do not really mean much to our students and the public education system needs to realize this and change.
Work in this course has helped me spread the word about technology to my faculty. They have heard me talking about this project as well as the students. They want to try something like I did, but on a much smaller scale to start. It is hard to believe I could inspire anyone as I am just in my second year of teaching. I only hope that more will become interested and want to learn because it is only going to help our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment