Saturday, October 23, 2010

FInal class thoughts

Nancy Cook


*What was your biggest a-ha moment from this course and your project implementation?
*What is the biggest thing that you feel needs to be changed about public education?
*How has work in this course helped you spread the word about technology in education? Who have you impacted professionally?

Biggest moment was learning how to put two Web 2.0 tools together and creating our project. I didn’t have the confidence when the class began (big surprise). My technology skills continue to improve and I want to utilize the workshops and skills that I pick up each year and put them all together into a working model for my class.

Public education needs to wake up and get parents involved in a positive fashion.

We need to be informed about public opinion and get it to have a positive spin. We are doing so many great things that we have to toot our horn and expand on what we are doing well and that we are willing to change and improve. Essential questions keep us focused and that is a necessary thing for all. Collaborating teams can accomplish so much if our public and our administrators understand that we are professional and want to improve our learning as well as our students’ achievements.

I have spread the word with my team about all I have learned and I have asked our technology people to help with further workshops and lessons. Let’s hope we can all get on the same page and go forward

No comments:

Post a Comment