Saturday, October 23, 2010

Final thoughts

My biggest a-ha moment was when I became aware of the fact that there are numerous Web 2.0 tools available for free and many of these tools are geared towards K-12 education.
The biggest thing that I think needs to be changed about public education is the obsession with norm reference data from testing. Whether done with bubble sheets or on computers, way too much instructional time is lost due to testing. Too much planning and collaborative time is spent preparing to administer various tests and picking apart the data.
This course has helped me learn how to apply the tools we reviewed. Thanks to my principal allowing me to use a wiki for character education, all teachers at Alloway Creek at least know what a wiki is and have used one, even if very minimally.

No comments:

Post a Comment