Saturday, October 23, 2010

Final Thoughts

The biggest a-ha moment for me came when I was working on the project with my students; I really saw them starting to care about math and take pride in their work. It is normally very hard for me to integrate a lot of projects and activities that have to do with technology into the normal curriculum. After watching the students work on these projects I just realized how important integrating technology is. This class has really helped me start to pull other teachers into the technology world of teaching. A lot of my department has talked to me about my project and other ideas that they have. I have always been the one that my department comes to with questions, and lately I have been able to really help them out and show them more tools to use.
I do not believe that all students should be held to the same standards. Why do we dictate the classes the students have to take. Leave it open for them to take what they are interested in, or more classes where they excel. There is no reason that a students would not be allowed to take AP Calculus, because they have not had an art class. If they excel at math let them excel, and let the artists excel in the art classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment