Saturday, October 23, 2010

Final Comments

I thought the biggest a-ha moment is that we really can integrate technology in the classroom by still teaching the same content as the neighboring teacher. It was great to be able to use this new technology with my students because they now are ‘doing’ while they learn. It’s awesome to see their faces light up when they get home and show their parents what they helped create.

The biggest thing that I feel needs to be changed in public education is that technology can be integrated and needs to replace some of the boring content that can be just googled to get the information. It’s a shift that will take gradual time to integrate. We need to get students to the top of Bloom’s. It’s at this stage that students will remember the content learned and will find the activities very valuable.

My classroom has changed dramatically. My Wikispace has become a channel of communication between home and school and I’m so happy I made the shift this year. I’ve also used Vocaroo, Animoto, and Glogster to enhance my teaching practices. I’m trying my best to make it seamless and more my teaching style than something I’m just using in my classroom. Professionally, I hope my coworkers see me as someone that they can easily approach for information, examples, or help.

No comments:

Post a Comment